Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
The RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) wholly owns two subsidiary companies each of which promotes a society lottery to raise funds to support different areas of RNIB’s work for blind and partially sighted people. Each lottery draw is promoted by a subsidiary.
The two subsidiary companies, also known as ‘Promoters’, are each licensed by the Gambling Commission (gamblingcommission.gov.uk) to operate large society lotteries. RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery Limited (RFGFL) is the subsidiary that is used for providing funds raised by the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery for the community and wider society activities of RNIB. The details of RFGFL are as follows:
RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery Ltd. (RFGFL), registered company no.11275644, registered office: The Grimaldi Building, 154a Pentonville Road, London, N1 9JE. Gambling Commission Licence no: 52196 (https://registers.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/52196); RFGFL provides funding for the community and society activities of RNIB. These services include (but are not limited to):
- The Connect Community including (but not limited to) Connect Radio;
- Community Engagement;
- Involvement and Facilitation, including (but not limited to) peer-to-peer support, local campaigning, community fundraising, national advocacy activity, policy and public affairs; and
- Brand and marketing activities.
Responsible person: Stuart Fox, RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery Limited, 154a Pentonville Road, London, N1 9JE
The RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery rules
1. The draw will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday, then the draw will take place on the next working day.
2. Applications must be from players aged 18 years or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
3. RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery (The Promoter) reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the lottery. This decision shall be final and binding.
4. Winners will be notified by post within 21 days and on the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery website on the next working day.
5. The cost of each weekly entry into the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery is £1. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is ten x £1 per person per week. Payment must be received (and cleared) before entry to the weekly draw. The maximum combined value of RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery entries and raffle tickets you may purchase in any twelve month period is £1,000.
6. Players not wishing to choose their own numbers will be given randomly allocated numbers (from our system).
7. Different players may be able to have the same set of numbers as another player.
8. Draws are conducted at random using a random number generator (RNG).
9. If the first prize is drawn and a player or players has that set of numbers, the prize value will be shared equally between each winning set of numbers.
10. All other prizes (other than first prize) will be paid in full and not shared even if there is more than one winner.
11. Where a request is made to change from our randomly selected numbers to numbers chosen by the player, the change will be made as quickly as possible and certainly within 14 days of receipt of the request. Players will have no claim on any prize until The Promoter has made the necessary update. Similarly, players will have no claim to any prize awarded to the randomly selected numbers after RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery has made the change to a player’s chosen numbers.
The weekly prizes will be allocated as follows:
- First prize: £1,000
- Second prize: £100
- 8 x £25 prizes
- 140 x £5 prizes
12. The likelihood of a ticket winning a cash prize in the weekly Feel Good Friday Lottery draw is 1 in 595 This is based on the results of 2022 Feel Good Friday Lottery.
13. An RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery Superdraw will be run for at least one week within the year.
14. Prizes will be drawn in order – first prize will be drawn first, second prize second, third prize third and will continue in this order until all prizes have been drawn.
15. There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be paid by cheque within 21 days of the draw.
16. The Promoter cannot accept CAF payments for lottery entries and all CAF payments will be treated as donations.
17. If an entry is paid by monthly Direct Debit, £4 or £5 (or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one line) will be collected per month directly from your bank account, dependent on the number of draws in between your payment dates. This will enable entries to be made into every draw.
18. The Promoter accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items. The Promoter is not liable for any late bank payments.
19. The Promoter is committed to operating the lottery in a socially responsible way. If you, or someone you know, need information and/or help with problem gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit begambleaware.org.
20. The RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery is open to all residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland over the age of 18. Entries will not be accepted from the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and BFPOs, employees of RNIB who are directly involved in the running of the lottery, RNIB agencies and other companies directly involved in the running of the lottery.
21. The Promoter may request to use the winner(s)’ name, photograph and other reasonable details for publicity purposes.
22. All customer payments to be used in future entries paid to the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery are held in a dedicated gaming account to maintain a separation from RNIB’s own trading income. However, this will not protect customer payments in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirement for the segregation of customer payments at the level of basic protection.
23. RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website.
25. The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery is final. RNIB operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on the website www.rnib.org.uk/customer-feedback-and-complaints/ and by post on request or upon you making a complaint to the lottery hotline on 0330 002 0050 or to RNIB's supporter care team on 0303 123 9999. All complaints and disputes will be handled in accordance with the procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your gambling transaction and cannot be dealt with by RNIB to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (ibas-uk.co.uk) an independent organisation offering alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services . Referral of the dispute to an ADR entity will not restrict your right to bring proceedings in respect of the dispute in a court of competent jurisdiction.
26. In 2022 60.3 per cent of all the money raised through RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery was spent on helping people with sight loss. 3.4 per cent was spent on prizes and 36.3 per cent on the expenses of running the Feel Good Friday Lottery. These figures are based on the Lottery Submissions provided to the Gambling Commission for the year 2022. Total proceeds from all tickets sold in 2022 for the Feel Good Friday Lottery was £4,639,583.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, RNIB will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request RNIB to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by RNIB or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when RNIB asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.