It’s important to us that the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery is a fun way for you to support RNIB, without any detrimental effect.
Our commitment to responsible gambling
We are committed to operating our lottery in a socially responsible way. We want it to be fun to play, whilst raising charitable funds, but not in a way that is detrimental to the vulnerable - such as low income groups or players under the age of 16 years old. Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some, gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the amount of time and money you spend on gambling
- Consider self-exclusion
If you want to have a break from gambling, you can use the self-exclusion option for our RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery by writing to us with your name, address and supporter number at:
RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery
We will then close your account for a minimum period of six months, during which time it will not be possible for the account to be re-opened for any reason. The RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery is run by RNIB and administered by Woods Valldata, Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham SN14 6NG who are our appointed External Lottery Agency.
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else's) life then the following questions may help you find out:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even leaving nothing for the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
Contact Gamble Aware
If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact Gamble Aware. Gamble Aware is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. You can find more information and help about problem gambling by visiting the Gamble Aware website or calling 0808 8020 133.
105 Judd Street
If you have any questions about the RNIB Feel Good Friday Lottery, please email us at [email protected] or call us on 0330 002 0050 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm). RNIB is proud to be registered with the Fundraising Regulator.